This position is technically equivalent to the role of Senior Network Administrator, but includes responsibilities stemming from work in a professional services environment, such as work planning, proposal writing, informal sales support, etc. Under project level direction, the candidate will provide technical leadership in deployment and maintenance of networked systems. This position requires working closely with all our Analysts, while reporting to the Manager, Networks and Infrastructure Systems. Post-education in a computer networking related program and 3-5 years of progressive work experience is required for this role.
This position requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, solid working knowledge of servers and other network infrastructure. Virtualization and enterprise network infrastructure knowledge is an asset. Microsoft certifications are considered an asset and will be required as part of the incumbent’s development plan. The candidate must demonstrate a continued interest in learning, assessing and implementing new technologies. The ideal candidate will have been exposed to a wide range of technologies and has a talent and flair for troubleshooting combined with a methodical approach to system analysis.
- Assesses, analyses, and develops local and wide area networks; administers network server hardware, operating systems and communication links; including the work necessary to implement and maintain these systems; provides project updates and reports on client status
- Generates recommendations on equipment, products and programs to be offered to, or purchased for, clients; requisitions computer hardware/software purchases
- Serves as Network Administrator for certain accounts, including use and maintenance of Microsoft Windows, Citrix, WAN/LAN infrastructure, and Internet access, as well as e-mail, security, data integrity and virus protection maintenance for all systems; recommends and schedules repairs
- Provides technical support (hardware and software) and troubleshooting for clients and accounts; may provide individual or group training for client on networking systems
- Takes initiative and ownership of projects; provides technical mentorship to Network Analyst I
- Installs new workstations, software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity; performs system backups and recovery
- Cooperates and communicates effectively with people in other areas of the organization
- Expert knowledge of: Microsoft Operating Systems and Base Server Platforms (2003, 2008)
- Experience with: Heterogeneous environments (Microsoft, Unix/Linux), Citrix/Terminal Server, Microsoft Back Office Servers (Exchange, SQL, IIS), Back-up hardware/software, Internet Security (VPN, firewalls, anti-virus)
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written); translates between technical and non-technical language
- Proven ability to comply with project work plans, prioritize tasks and organize work
- Methodical approach to system deployment and maintenance
- Active listening, exploration of a concept or idea, and acknowledgement of ideas
- Conduct research in support of solutions and response to specific operational needs.
- Flexibility in adapting to new and challenging circumstances including work environment and duties and works with minimal supervision
- Tracking time spent on work; working within project time constraints
- Shows ability to quickly evaluate, learn and employ new technologies, anticipating their applicability to client operations
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Able to work well under pressure
- Requires MCSE and other credentials such as CNA, CCA, LPI or CCNA and at least 3 years of progressive experience with networks. College diploma/university degree (technical or otherwise) preferred.
- Customer service oriented with attention to detail and a focus on cohesive communication
- Vehicle, Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Candidates offered a position are required to obtain a criminal record check, verifying a clear record before employment can be obtained. A driver’s abstract may also be required.
Britec Computer Systems is an integrated solutions provider supplying hardware, software and consulting services to the small and mid-sized business segment. We help our customers succeed by implementing computer systems that fit their needs.
Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, participation in bonus plans based on individual, team and corporate performance, and benefits. We provide the opportunity for all staff to improve their career through professional training, conferences and self-training.