This position takes a supporting role to senior team members in the implementation of new system installs and system upgrades and provides ongoing training and support to clients and end users. You will become knowledgeable in the product you support and several related and integrated products. You will be in demand by clients wanting and needing help with their accounting and financial systems. You are willing and able to meet the demands of scheduled jobs as well as providing support and dealing with crisis calls that arise throughout the day.
This challenging and dynamic career oriented position would suit a self-starter who enjoys a fast paced environment and a variety of responsibilities. The ideal candidate will study and pass the necessary product certification exams and will assist in supporting, installing, and implementing accounting software systems and assist with training end users within a wide array of client organizations.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Assist in providing training and ongoing support for clients – support with on-going questions, day to day business processes, reporting building, data quality, new integrations, etc.
- Assist with the installation and testing of software and software upgrades at client sites on both server and workstations.
- Assist with performing accounting conversions and migrations; configuring software systems to meet user requirements
- Working with end-users to diagnose and resolve operations and system issues
- Assist with effectively providing scope to projects; working with team members to identifying client accounting system requirements; documenting requirements and outcomes
- Assist with providing pre- and post-sales support to the Sales and Marketing Department; as required
- Complete internal paperwork and documentation required for reporting and billing purposes
- Take initiative and ownership of projects in a team environment as assigned by senior team members
- Cooperates and communicates effectively with people in other areas of the organization
- Must have good command of the English language, with strong oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, and present yourself as a professional.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be goal-oriented, strive to exceed performance targets
- Must have a proven ability to work independently as a member of a team
- Fast learner, continually learning and understanding new technologies, as well as changes and trends with existing technologies and its integration into the business environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to objectively analyze client business requirements and objectives
- Report Writing; Financial Reporting using Excel spreadsheets
- Methodical approach to system deployment and maintenance
- Active listening, exploration of a concept or idea, and acknowledgement of ideas
- Conduct research in support of solutions and response to specific operational needs.
- Flexibility in adapting to new and challenging circumstances including work environment and duties and works with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of computer systems and network environments
- Shows ability to quickly evaluate, learn and employ new technologies, anticipating their applicability to client operations
- Solid understanding and practical experience with accounting and financial management
Abilities & Skills Required for Success:
- Desire to become a product Certified Consultant; completion or near completion of an accounting certification, or a business or technology degree (BComm with Accounting, Finance, Operations Management or MIS focus)
- Customer service oriented with attention to detail and a focus on cohesive communication
- Must be able to speak, read, and write at a level suitable for communicating with senior client contacts.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to and foster positive change.
- Good analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand assigned tasks, clarifying if necessary, and take accountability for delivering timely results.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and upgrading of skills
- Vehicle, Drivers License and a clean driving record
- Candidates offered a position are required to obtain a criminal record check, verifying a clear record before employment can be obtained. A driver’s abstract may also be required.