Position Summary: An implementation analyst will have an advanced knowledge of all modules of the Sage 300 ERP (formerly Accpac) software and be able to fully implement the system for clients. This would include overseeing and managing projects and assisting with accounting functions such as the setup of the General Ledger, Inventory setup, Payroll, etc. The successful candidate will have a track record of working independently in a variety of business environments to successfully solve “complex” business issues through the implementation and/or enhancement of IT, accounting, financial reporting, and business management applications. This position requires working closely with the Service Line manager and other members of the ERP team.
- Plan, install, upgrade, troubleshoot and maintain Sage 300 ERP systems and applications in support of business requirements, including advanced and complex environments
- Oversee and manage projects involving the installation and setup of Sage 300 ERP in a new client environment. Work with clients to setup and troubleshoot accounting issues and employ processes to improve business management and reporting capabilities using the software.
- Provide end-user training and analyst training on all modules of Sage 300 ERP including 3rd party add-on modules that integrate with the program
- Demonstrate knowledge of Crystal Reports to deliver customized reporting solutions in complex environments
- Provide technical support and consultation to clients. Advise client’s management on infrastructure upgrading, technology directions, and opportunities to ensure hardware and software remain current.
- Accurately estimating time require for, and recording time spent on, support and project work; taking responsibility for individual productivity.
- Maintain current and timely communication with immediate supervisor of activities, issues and progress with projects.
- Provide progress updates on work completed and work to be completed as well as long range goals and plans of the client
- Stay current with the latest technology, developing trends and approaches.
- Required to help manage and supervise the progress and skill development of other analysts
- Incumbent analyst must set the standard and research solutions to ensure they are stable, effective, and properly deployed. Best practices and attention to detail ensure high quality and ideal conditions. This includes maintaining fluency with new and evolving technology, trends and approaches to solutions, as well as business and accounting trends and changes.
- Manage project, ensuring all client work is completed, recorded and invoiced to the client in a timely manner within standard billing cycles. Resolve billing issues that arise. Ensure client satisfaction is maintained. Provides updates and reports on project and client status as required.
- Support and install FR (Financial Reporter) module; provide advanced support and understanding of PJC or Payroll/HRMS modules
- Ensure every client is a referencable client
- Familiar with Business Care plans and can advise clients on which solutions to select
- Maintain certifications and client references necessary to enable Britec to achieve and maintain ‘competency’ statuses with various suppliers including Sage and other 3rd party vendors
- Accurately record time in our billing software for work done for clients
Required Knowledge & Technical Skill
- Advanced knowledge of accounting systems and accounting concepts
- Advanced understanding of the Sage 300 ERP database structure / AOM
- Advanced understanding of Crystal Reports
- Able to deploy Sage 300 in more complex multi-location environments involving advanced network environments with Citrix and Terminal Server
- Expertise in all Sage 300 ERP Core Modules
- Expertise in Sage 300 Payroll/HRMS or PJC
- Complex disaster recovery and data repairs
- Knowledge of network requirements for sophisticated system installs
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of HRMS
Education and Other Requirements
- Completion of an accounting certificate or Business degree or equivalent
- Maintain all Sage 300 ERP certifications
- HRMS or CRM certification preferred
Abilities & Skills Required for Success:
- Ability to work in an environment which is subject to high-stress urgent work situations
- Ability to actively listen, and skilled in expressing ideas and presenting them in user-friendly language
- Must be able to speak, read, and write at a level suitable for communicating with senior client contacts
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to and foster positive change
- Good analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand assigned tasks, clarifying if necessary, and take accountability for delivering timely results
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
To join the Britec team, forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must possess a valid driver’s license & vehicle and be legally eligible to work in Canada to be considered.