Sage BusinessVision v2017 has been released on July 12, 2016. There are several advantages and benefits to installing this new version of Sage BusinessVision.
Sage has addressed eight issues and has added several new features to v2107 of BusinessVision.
The most important issue resolved in this release is the ability to log on to Sage BusinessVision using dates greater than December 31, 2020 – The log on dialog did not allow entry of dates after December 31, 2020. This has been modified to allow log on dates up to December 31, 2085.
- If you are upgrading from Sage BusinessVision 2015 or 2014: No changes are required to reports or forms.
- Upgrading from other versions may require changes to custom forms.
Without this update you will not be able to use Business Vision past December 31st 2020.
Operating System support
Sage BusinessVision 2017 requires one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008
New Features added to Sage BusinessVision 2017
- The ability to customize the name of the PDF attachment that gets emailed for AR Statements, invoices, order confirmations ,quotes and Purchase Orders.
- The ability automatically export AR Statements, invoices, order confirmations, and quotes as Vendor Purchase Orders to a default folder. This new export option also gives you the ability to customize the name of the PDF files that gets exported for AR Statements, invoices, order confirmations, quotes and Purchase Orders.
- The ability to print or email customer AR statements directly from the Customer Details and the Accounts Receivable module.
- View the Customer PO number entered in Order Entry in the memo field in Accounts Receivable.
Other Issues resolved in 2017 include
- 100317 – In Purchase order details, unissuing and then immediately reissuing a modified purchase order resulted in a printed purchase order without totals.
- 100319 – In Canadian Payroll, the Record of Employment function did not correctly format contact telephone extension numbers that were less than 4 characters.
- 100320 – In Timecard import, the default account for vacation pay is not used when the GL account is not defined.
- 100321 – In Account Payable, the scroll bar in the A/P payment dialog disappears after maximizing the dialog.
- 100322 – The File Reorganization utility did not recalculate average days to pay for customers with customer numbers longer than 10 characters.
- 100323 – In Canadian Payroll, the Record of Employment function did not correctly format values entered in text fields that included special characters.
- 100324 – In Job Cost, transactions that were voided in Accounts Payable continued to be included in job account totals.
Your next step
Britec BusinessVision specialists are ready to help you transition to this exciting new version of BusinessVision.
Let’s talk about your needs and the best way to make the switch today.